Thursday, August 17, 2006

If Film Noir had a middle name, it would be “Brick”

If you can imagine all of Humphrey Bogart’s characters rolled into one and going to high school in David Lynch’s "Twin Peaks", then you might start to get the feel of the independent film, Brick. I don’t want to say too much about this film, but I will say that I loved it, and I want to see it again and again. In short, it is about an overly clever boy, who is trying to solve a murder. I love it when a film creates a world just off kilter from reality; were everything that happens would not work in reality, but you never question it happening in the world of the film.

You can see the trailer for brick Here www.brickmovie.net

2 comments:

vanckirby said...

will have to check that out!

Richard Pearson said...

yes yes, the preview for this movie is awesome.. I haven't been able to find it.. saw the preview on Bourne Supremacy....I might have to buy it since I can't find it!