Monday, July 17, 2006

Surprising Weather



Maybe I’m the only one, but I didn’t hear much about “the Weather Man” when it was out in theaters. I saw a few trailers but never heard Weather it was any good or not. Well I loved it. One of the best “surprise” movies in a while. Well written with GREAT dialogue. I found it well directed, especially being such a character piece with no real “action” to fall back on, since it was directed by the director of “Pirates of the Caribbean”. I also found, as an editor myself, the editing was especially good, with constant flashbacks in the middle of scenes that work seamlessly without any confusion. Nicolas Cage is great in what I think is his most believable rolls to date. Check out Nicolas Cage in “The Weather Man”

5 comments:

vanckirby said...

i also liked it and was surprised. it was rather depressing, but beautifully filmed. loved the color pallet

sparksfly said...

Haven't seen the movie, but glad to know you have posted your musings on the web. I didn't realize you went to JR's church...that's how I found you.

Hope you and the growing family are doing well.

I look forward to keeping up with you and Jenn this way.

Come by anytime...you won't believe what Billy did to our house!

Josh said...

we're just visiting Eeast ridge, but we like much more than any other. i heard of the addition to the back of your house, would love to see it.

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»